By 1824, the roads around Stroud had changed dramatically as Bryant's Map of that year shows. Turnpike roads were still shown in red but there were many more of them.
The traveller reaching Cainscross could choose whether to enter Stroud via Rodborough or Paganhill. There were new roads to Gloucester (via Pitchcombe & Edge), to Slad & Birdlip, to Bisley and to Nailsworth & Bath. Most important of all, a new section of road towards Cirencester had been built alongside the Stroudwater Canal via Chalford.
Except for the short piece of road connecting Dudbridge directly with Stroud, the pattern of main roads in 1824 remained largely unaltered until the late 20th Century!