|Then:||Built for grocer turned developer, William Cowle in 1874|
|Now:||Base for Community Mental Health Teams, run by Gloucestershire Partnership NHS Trust|
Park House was built in 1874 by John Birch of London. It was built for William Cowle, grocer turned speculative developer. Birch had been commissioned to design and build the house for Cowle's own use as part of the development of the Field estate. The house is built of rubble stone with Bath stone dressings and Welsh roof slates. It is built in the Italianate style, with a tower and overhanging eaves. Including a conservatory, offices, stables and fences, the house cost £2,200 to build.
Birch is best known in Gloucestershire as the architect to the Bathurst estate, but Park House dates from the early part of his career, before he secured this appointment.
Park House is now a base for Community Mental Health Teams, run by the Gloucestershire Partnership NHS Trust.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society