Tricorn House Cainscross & Ebley Co-op Cainscross Toll House Cainscross Brewery St Matthew's Church Fire & Ambulance Stations Cainscross House Marling School Stroud High School for Girls Cashes Green Hospital The Vicarage
What: Vicarage for St Matthew's church Cainscross
Where: Cashes Green Road
Then: Built in 1929 as a private house (named 'Enfield') by Thomas Falconer.  
Now: Demolished and replaced with houses

Stonehouse brick, the tall recessed centre was flanked by projections containing the kitchen and garage. Above the central door was a stone carving showing a galleon bound for India.

 The house was sold to the Church of England in 1955, for use as a vicarage.

 The original vicarage stood next to St. Matthew's church, and is now Cotswold House Care Home. In the late 1950s it was an animation studio, making such animated films as the Popeye series and Asterix.

It was demolished in 2007

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society

Revised 2018 EMW