Ebley Mill Ebley Chapel Ebley House Ebley Court Oil Mill Bridge House
What: Historic House
Where: On Westward Road
Then: The original house was built in the 18th century by clothier Joseph Ellis. In 1874, it was rebuilt in an elaborate 15th century French gothic style - bay windows, ornamental gables with lion supporters and patterned terracotta chimneys. From 1923, it was a National Childrens' Home
Now: The home closed and the grounds and house have been converted to housing

The first house on this site was built by the clothier Joseph Ellis, who died in 1771. It was largely rebuilt by the Cheltenham architect W.H. Knight, in 1874, in an elaborate 15th century French Gothic style, with bay windows, ornamental gables with lion supporters, and patterned terracotta chimneys.

In the late 19th century, Ebley House was the home of Edwin Gyde, the Painswick benefactor. From 1923, it was a National Childrens Home, fondly remembered by many Ebley inhabitants for its annual fete and firework display.

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society