|Where:||Located above the Bath Road (A46)|
|Then:||The origins of this house are medieval, dating back to 1218, when the owner; Roger Achard (from the Abbey of Caen in Normandy), was Lord of the Manor of Minchinhampton.|
Achards House can be traced back to 1218, when it was held by Roger Achard from the Abbey of Caen in Normandy, which owned the manor of Minchinhampton. It was held with the manor of Woodchester for much of the 15th and 16th centuries, until 1559 when it was sold Richard Webb. It later passed through the hands of several prominent clothier families, and in 1805 it belonged to William Halliday.
The present house may be medieval in origin, but has a seven-bay early 18th century front with a hipped roof which was probably built for John Gyde (d.1729) or his son Thomas. In the 19th century it was altered to create a new main entrance on the west. In the grounds are an early 18th century barn with a pigeon loft, and a gazebo of the same date.