|Where:||The Paganhill Estate off Farmhill Lane|
|Then:||The Paganhill Estate was purchased by Richard Cooke in 1784, who built a new house. Henry Wyatt, builder of the Archway memorial once owned the house|
|Now:||In poor repair, the house was demolished in 1930s. The estate was developed for Council housing and later, Archway School was built on the southern part|
In 1784, Richard Cooke, a Rodborough clothier, purchased the manor of Paganhill and a small estate on the outskirts of Stroud. He started work at once on a new house, but died before it was finished. Farmhill was completed for his son, another Richard. The house had five bays and three storeys, and a central porch. The entrance hall and drawing room had plasterwork in the Adam style, and the house may well have been designed by Anthony Keck, who worked so much for the local clothiers.
In 1833, Farmhill was sold to Henry Wyatt, who laid out a new drive and built the gateway arch as a memorial to the abolition of slavery. Later occupiers of the house included the clothier, Josiah Greathead Strachan, who lived here from 1870, until his death in 1892 and the MP for Stroud, C.P. Allen, who leased it in the early 20th century.
By the 1920s, the house was in poor repair, and it was demolished in the 1930s. The estate was divided up and much of it covered with Council housing designed in 1933-34 by F.S. Cutler. Archway School was built on the southern part of the park.