The Thrupp is a three-storey stone house found on the south side of Thrupp Lane. In 1740, it belonged to the Griffins Mill estate, but it was sold to John Partridge of Bowbridge in 1794. His son Thomas sold it in 1807 to William Stanton of Stafford's Mill, who evidently rebuilt the house as a three-storey ashlar building.
William Stanton died in 1841 and was succeeded as owner by his eldest son, William Henry Stanton, who was MP for Stroud, 1841-52.
Confusingly, the house is now called Thrupp House, and has been converted to apartments.