|What:||Town centre Gardens|
|Then:||Given to the town by Sidney Park, a local draper and councillor, in memory of the his only son, Herbert, who was killed in WWI in France|
|Now:||The Gardens are still very much in use, and Parks Drapery, which once stood on the corner of King Street and George Street, has now been replaced by HSBC|
Park Gardens were given to the town in 1920 by Sidney Park, a local draper and councillor, in memory of his only son, Herbert, who was killed in France during the First World War (1914-18), aged 23. The town's cenotaph stands in the garden.
Park's Drapery stood on the corner of King St. and George St., where the HSBC bank is now, and the Park family lived in a flat over the shop.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society