The Stroud Feoffees are a charitable trust, which date back to 1304. Originally the trust was to finance church maintenance and the chaplain's stipend. By 1637, the trust is recorded as being responsible for church repairs, relief of the poor and the salary of the vicar. The body that looked after these funds were known as the Stroud Feoffees and usually included leading landowners and clothiers.
After 1887, money which had previously gone to the poor was awarded to Marling School and after 1917, it went to the Stroud Educational Foundation. In 1971 the charities net income was £1,660.