|What:||Large house with 60 acres|
|Then:||First mentioned in 1610 as the home of John Freame of Woodchester|
|Now:||In 1973, the house was a Simon Community home|
The Woodhouse, with an estate of about 60 acres, was first mentioned in 1610 when it belonged to John Freame of Woodchester. In 1637, it was bought by Edward Pinfold, and it remained in his family until 1853, when Edward Joseph and Frederick Pinfold sold it to Joseph Partridge, a dyer.
It was probably Partridge who rebuilt the house, re-using some of the fittings from its 18th century predecessor. His son, a Birmingham brassfounder, became bankrupt and the house was sold in 1880. In 1973, the house was a Simon Community home.