Roman Catholic Church & Convent Bus Station Rowcroft Medical Centre Beeches Green Health Centre McDonalds St Rose's School The Hill Badbrook House Badbrook Mill
GRO Old Bus Station IMG 1679
What: Former Public Transport depot
Where: Merrywalks, next to multi-storey car park
Then: Built in 1959 on the site of the drill ground for Army Volunteers, the forerunners of the Territorial Army. It was a public transport depot - Stroud's bus station
Now: A multi-screen cinema complex has been built and the bus station is now a series of bus stops along the main road at Merrywalks

Merrywalks bus station was built in 1959 and the Shopping Centre behind the bus station was built in the early 1970s.

The bus station was built on the site of the drill ground for Army Volunteers, the forerunners of the Territorial Army.

A multi-screen cinema complex has been built on the site, whilst a series of bus stops are now found along both sides of the main road at Merrywalks.

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society