Arundell's Mill takes its name from the family which owned it in the 17th and 18th centuries, but the mill is older. About 1585, it is believed to have comprised two fulling mills and a corn mill. In 1653, the site included two fulling mills, a gig mill, a corn mill and a dyehouse.
The complex appears to have continued to manufacture cloth into the mid 19th century, when four power looms installed in 1837 were in use. It then appears to have been used as a dyehouse until the early 1930s.
By 1971, the main mill buildings had been demolished and the site was in use as a coalyard. In 1990, however, the Stroud Preservation Trust restored the surviving mill house and cottages and these are now private houses. The mill pond has become a wildlife area.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society