Newcombe's Mill was built in 1692 by Thomas Gardner, millwright. During the 18th century, it acted as a grist and leather mill. Shortly before 1804, it was rebuilt as a cloth mill by Thomas Newcombe, and apart from a brief period around 1901 when it was an ironworks, it remained in the cloth trade until it was burnt down during the Second World War. The site had been cleared by 1971 and is now used as a bus garage by Stagecoach plc.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society