Bowbridge House Chestnut House Bowbridge Mill Arundell's Mill Field House The Field Park House Eagle Mill Newcombe's Mill Capel's Mill
WM Chestnut House cir 1906 by kind permission of Wilf Merrett
What: Historical 17th Century House
Where: Located on the crossroads of the A419 and Bowbridge Lane
Then: Owned by Nathaniel Partridge, in 1842, who owned the adjacent dyeworks
   

The house was built in the 17th century but the fine five-bay stone front was added in the early 19th century.

In 1842, it was owned by Nathaniel Partridge, who also owned the adjacent dyeworks.

From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society