|What:||Historic 17th Century building|
|Then:||Originally part of the Arundel Mill Estate, the house was sold to William Cowle in 1873, who developed the area and built Park House as a new home|
|Now:||A Private House|
The Field began as a 17th century house which belonged to the Arundell's Mill estate. The five bay, two storey west front was added in the first half of the 18th century, and the ground floor bay windows were installed in the mid 19th century.
In 1873, the house was sold to William Cowle, who developed the land between Horns Road and Park Road for housing, and built Park House as a new residence for himself.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society