|Then:||Gentry house built in the early 18th Century|
|Now:||The house is now part of St Luke's Trust|
In the early 18th century, Gannicox (later called Lower Gannicox) belonged to Thomas Bond. After his death it passed to his brother Henry (d.1757), who was curate of Stroud, and then his nephew William Knight, a London banker, who died in 1786.
The present house is a three-storey building which was built in the late 18th century. It has been suggested that the architect may have been Anthony Keck, but there is no documentary evidence for this. The long brick south front was originally symmetrical, and has a central pediment and canted bay-windows at each end. The doorway was moved to one side later, and it is likely that the wings either side of the pedimented centre were originally of only two storeys.
In 1971, Lower Gannicox was a nursing home. It is now part of St. Luke's Trust.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society