A strikingly handsome church of local stone built in 1907-10 (the foundation stone was laid in 1908), to the design of Temple Moore. It is built in the Decorated Gothic style, tempered by Arts & Crafts influences, and consists of a broad nave and narrow north aisle, chancel, south aisle with big transverse gables and a west tower with broach spire.
In 1929-32, the tower and western porches were added by Leslie T. Moore, following the original design. The spire is made of timber soaked in creosote.The vicar, the Rev. Cyril B. Hodson, mounted the scaffolding and fixed the weathercock on the spire, cheered on by local schoolchildren watching from a distance.
The church stands on the side of the hill, and the vestry is built under the chancel in a way permitted by the fall of the land. Inside are choir stalls and a litany desk made by Peter van der Waals in 1929 and 1935.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society