|What:||Three historical houses|
|Where:||Off Folly Lane|
|Then:||West Grange was built in 1866. In the 20th Century, it became the home of Ben Ford who established a riding school and museum there. Upper Grange was the original house. It was and still is a 17th century cottage. Lower Grange was built in the early 1800s and between 1850s and 1860s, was a private school|
|Now:||West Grange has been developed for housing, as has Upper Grange. Lower Grange has been replaced by new houses|
West Grange was built in 1866 by Benjamin Bucknell for Charles Wethered, and has the stone gutters and grouped chimneys characteristic of Bucknell's work. It was altered in 1899 by P.R. Morley Horder, and in the 20th century was the home of Ben Ford, a collector of horse-drawn carriages, who established a riding school and museum in the grounds.
Upper Grange (the original Grange) is a 17th century cottage which was enlarged and improved in the early 19th century for Rowles Scudamore.
Lower Grange was built by Henry Burgh, a prominent solicitor in Stroud at the end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century. It was later the home of George Wathen, another solicitor, who died in 1847. In the 1850s and 1860s, it was a private school run by Mr. J. Sibtree.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society