|Where:||On Folly Lane|
|Then:||Home to a number of prominent Stroud people. It became the Cotswold School - a private academy for boys and girls from 1922 to 1960|
|Now:||A private house|
The Birches was the home of a number of prominent Stroud people, including C.P. Allen (MP for Stroud), the Rev. John Williams, and the cloth manufacturer, L.W. Winterbotham.
In the early 20th century, it was the home of E. Northam Witchell, who was clerk of the Urban District Council from 1902 to 1929.
In 1922, it became the Cotswold School, a private academy for boys and girls run by Ethel and Elsie Brinkworth, which closed in 1960.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society