||Historical land mark
||Located at the meeting point of London Road, Russell Street, George Street, John Street and Kendrick Street
||Given to the town by Stroud wine merchant William Simms, in 1921
||Today, the clock is a well-known Stroud landmark
Sims' Clock was completed in February 1921 as a result of a bequest by a Stroud storekeeper, William Thomas Sims of Uplands, who died in 1917.
Sims started in business as a wine and spirit merchant, grocer and provision dealer at 65 High St. in 1850. In 1876, he moved to a new store in Russell Street.
From January 2016, this website is managed by Stroud Local History Society